POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Road Surface Typeface : Re: Road Surface Typeface Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:44:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Road Surface Typeface
From: clipka
Date: 12 Mar 2018 19:01:41
Message: <5aa706d5$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.03.2018 um 17:58 schrieb Bald Eagle:

> I have not seen any specifications for these letters and arrows, and have not
> yet found a source to download such a font / typeface.

I guess different countries will have different standards (if any) for
such purposes.

According to Wikipedia, pictograms, numbers and texts on German roads
must match regular traffic signs (*), except that they are to be scaled
"vertically" by a factor of 3.

(* Slight variations occur in practice, to allow for application via
stencils.)

> Doing a bit of trigonometric scribbling, at first glance it appears that the
> upper half and lower half of such a typeface [ideally] ought to be scaled to
> different extents.

As far as I can tell, that's usually not done.