POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Terrain, rocks, clouds generation : Re: Terrain, rocks, clouds generation Server Time
16 Apr 2024 16:52:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terrain, rocks, clouds generation
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Mar 2018 08:16:39
Message: <5aa51e27$1@news.povray.org>
On 11-3-2018 11:01, BayashiPascal wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I was working on noise generation at the beginning of the week, and to test my
> code (in C) I did some terrains, rocks and clouds random generation, rendered
> with POV-Ray of course. I haven't spent too much time on the POV side, as my
> goal was only to validate my code in C. But it looks good enough to me to show
> it here. If anyone is interested in, she/he may use what I did as a starting
> point for something I guess/hope much better. I would be glad to help when
> needed.
> All the code is available on GitHub:
> https://github.com/BayashiPascal/FracNoise
> and for those who don't want to dive into the code there are two simplistic web
> pages to generate yourself the same kind of rocks and clouds as those given in
> example:
> http://www.bayashiinjapan.net/CloudFactory/
> http://www.bayashiinjapan.net/RockFactory/
> Hoping it may be useful to someone.
> Bye,
> Pascal

Interesting. I am always interested in landscape/rock/cloud generating
facilities. This reminds me a bit of programs like Wilbur or Terrabrush.
I have never coded in C, so that is unavailable for me. However, your
cloud and rock factories may be very useful for POV-Ray artists. I am
busy with other things presently, but I shall most certainly return to
them quite soon. Good work indeed.

--
Thomas