POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : sunpos.inc : Re: sunpos.inc Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:43:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunpos.inc
From: Alain
Date: 6 Mar 2018 21:30:59
Message: <5a9f4ee3@news.povray.org>
Le 18-03-06 à 17:44, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Have you calculated how big the sun should appear in the sky? I'm also
> hesitant to use an area light, because my scene is already slow.
>

> Mike

Use about 1% of the distance that you use.
So, if the "Sun" is located 10000 units away, it should be 100 units in
diameter.
As this is relatively small relative to the distance and general scale
of the scene, start by using adaptive 0. This greatly improve the speed
when using area_light.
ONLY increase that if you get artefacts that you can't hide.
In some cases, you can elliminate some artefacts just by rotating the
light around the axis from <0,0,0> and the light's location.
Easy when the light is located on an axis and the array is set
perpendicular to it : Rotate around that axis, then rotate to the
desired location.

light_source{<0,0,-10000> rgb 1 area_light x,y 33 33 circular adaptive 0
rotate 15*z}