POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : crand is not thread safe in any >=3.7 version. Do we care? : crand is not thread safe in any >=3.7 version. Do we care? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:12:15 EDT (-0400)
  crand is not thread safe in any >=3.7 version. Do we care?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 6 Mar 2018 06:44:59
Message: <5a9e7f3b$1@news.povray.org>
While continuing to play with media and fog, I stumbled across the fact
the crand mechanism is not thread safe in a render block, blotchy way.

Do we care enough about this feature to open up a github issue?

It's not on my list of used features. However, it's used in our mist.pov
sample scene, for example, which forces +wt1 when the scene is included
in any image comparison testing.

Updating our sample scenes (7 by my count) to not use crand OK with me
too, but ?

Bill P.