POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Lightsys : Re: Lightsys Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsys
From: Alain
Date: 24 Feb 2018 12:22:47
Message: <5a919f67@news.povray.org>
Le 18-02-24 à 11:07, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> On 2/23/2018 8:18 AM, Alain wrote:
>> The 3 lumen looks a little to bright.
>> Can you post the 1 lumen image?
>>
>> Also, the sun position is not the same for the two images. It mover by
>> around 40°.
>
> Here it is with RGB instead of SRGB, and 1 lumens.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/AcGBbla.jpg
>
> As you can see, it is pretty dim and lifeless.
>

> Mike

Slightly dimmer, not prety dim, than the 2 lumens but not lifeless on my
monitor. Maybe your monitor is set to dim...
Definitively better than the 3 lumens version.

Set assumed_gamma 1
When using lightsys, always use RGB for the lights. lightsys is made to
return values in the rgb colour space, not the srgb one. You may use
srgb for the textures.

Alain