POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transforming an onion pattern : Re: Transforming an onion pattern Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:35:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transforming an onion pattern
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 23 Feb 2018 11:49:27
Message: <5a904617$1@news.povray.org>
I would allow the onion to begin at the center of the planet. If the
planet sphere has a radius of 99 units, the onion sphere could have a
radius of 100 (just an example). All areas of the onion inside the plant
should be fully transparent
[ 0.00 color rgbf 1.0 ]
[ 0.99 color rgbf 1.0 ]
and only from 0.99 on you can do your atmospheric magic. From 0.99 on,
you might have to work with very low value differences.

I hope I understood your problem correctly.

---
http://www.avg.com