POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transforming an onion pattern : Transforming an onion pattern Server Time
20 Apr 2024 12:02:58 EDT (-0400)
  Transforming an onion pattern
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 22 Feb 2018 17:23:59
Message: <5a8f42ff$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to create a layer of clouds over my spherical planet. I am
using a combination of wrinkles and onion patterns. I can scale the
onion pattern to the thickness of the clouds, but I am not sure how to
align the start of the onion to the surface of the planet.

E.g.

The planet radius is X units. The clouds start at X + M units and end at
X + N units. What is the correct way to create this onion? Do I need to
use frequency and phase modifiers?

Thanks.

Mike