POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vs 2017 debug : Re: Vs 2017 debug Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vs 2017 debug
From: clipka
Date: 16 Feb 2018 11:47:16
Message: <5a870b14@news.povray.org>
Am 16.02.2018 um 14:26 schrieb Havana7:
>> Am 15.02.2018 um 10:26 schrieb Havana7:
>>> I downloaded version 3.7.0 but I can not debug console project. I try to insert
>>> breakpoints in the console project but the window opens but remains black
>>> without any response. Do you have any advice on this? Thank you
>>
>> I don't think the v3.7.0 console project is even functional.
>
> Sorry for the error, but I downloaded the master version. I tried with all but
> with Visual Studio 2017 Community they do not work.

- Can you successfully place breakpoints in the GUI version?

- Does the console project run without breakpoints set?

- Can you give me a step-by-step description of what you're actually
doing, i.e. how you're activating the console project in the first
place, where you're setting breakpoints, how you're starting the
project, what parameters you're passing, and whatnot?

I myself am using VS 2015 instead of VS 2017, and haven't touched the
console project in a while (it isn't officially supported), so without
more detailed information, from my point it could be anything from a bug
in VS 2017 to a problem with the console project to a simple user error.