POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : focal_point and camera scaling : Re: focal_point and camera scaling Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:58:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: focal_point and camera scaling
From: clipka
Date: 12 Feb 2018 05:29:16
Message: <5a816c7c$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C5a7f9271%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

> I think it would be more intuitive than the current behavior if
> focal_point were to scale along with the rest of the camera. E.g., if
> the original focal_point is <3,4,5>, then scaling the camera by 3 should
> move the focal_point to <9,12,15>. The current existing behavior is a
> bit weird IMO.

I agree.

We should also consider scaling the aperture size along the way.

Maybe all depending on the order in which camera statements are done. E.g.

    camera_location <0,0,0>
    focal_point <1,2,3>
    scale 2
    aperture 10

should scale the focal point but not the aperture size.

Just brainstorming here ATM.