POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Spectral Rendering and Filmic Color Management : Re: Spectral Rendering and Filmic Color Management Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:38:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral Rendering and Filmic Color Management
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Jan 2018 09:19:41
Message: <5a71d07d@news.povray.org>
On 31/01/2018 13:38, Kenneth wrote:
> "Mr" <mauriceraybaud [at] hotmail dot fr>> wrote:
>

>> Do not despair. yes it can take a whole year to master, just as other major 3D
>> suites but it can be learned to use for specific tasks or in a superficial way
>> in about 1 month. ( that is in normal full day training conditions ) POV-Ray is
>> about the same !
>
> I certainly don't mean to disparage Blender; it does amazing and beautiful
> things, from what I see. And yes, POV-Ray takes *much* time to learn well (I'm
> still at it after _____ years!) It's just that the interface seems... daunting
> (as I suppose POV-Ray itself does to a newbie) because of the sheer number of
> menu items to learn about. What struck me about the 'Filmic Blender' add-on was
> all the NEW menu items that come with it (some of which look... mysterious and
> technically challenging, according to the videos.)

Think of it as a suit of programs, separate but integrated. You use the
ones you hide the others. I have my Blender set up like a technical
drawing. Three elevations and a pictorial view.
Learning Blender is not easy but it comes with some good toys. The
Bullet Physics is fun to set up and play with.

--

Regards
     Stephen