POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Spectral Rendering and Filmic Color Management : Re: Spectral Rendering and Filmic Color Management Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:39:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral Rendering and Filmic Color Management
From: clipka
Date: 29 Jan 2018 10:59:39
Message: <5a6f44eb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.01.2018 um 13:27 schrieb Theogott:
> I like this
> http://www.lilysoft.org/CGI/SR/Spectral%20Render.htm
> Spectral Rendering. Also its something that is not available on even commercial
> platforms (C4D, Blenders Cycle) in such quality.
> Possibly it could be integrated into POV-Ray with not much effort?

It's on my agenda, and internal changes have already been made towards
this goal. However, it's not trivial yet.

> Secondly I have a question on the Topic COlor Management:
> "Filmic Color Management in Blender | HDR Tutorial (4/7)"
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nYGJI0r2-0
>
> How is this solved in POV-Ray?

Technically, filmic color management is a post-processing step that is
entirely independent from the actual rendering. In POV-Ray, you could
render to OpenEXR output format and post-process the resulting images in
a suitable application.