POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rays path Length : Re: Rays path Length Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rays path Length
From: clipka
Date: 12 Jan 2018 12:41:29
Message: <5a58f349@news.povray.org>
Am 12.01.2018 um 14:53 schrieb Motive17:

> Maybe a trivial question but...about the values x,y,z in the definition of the
> function Fn:
>
>  Fn = function(x,y,z) {
>          FnDist(x-xC,y-yC,z-zC) +
>          FnDist(x-xL,y-yL,z-zL)
>
> what do they represent for POV-ray?

They represent the x, y and z coordinates for whatever point the pigment
based on the funciton is evaluated for.

> I was thinking I could introduce a such function directly as a light attenuation
> function in the definition of light source.
>
> What do you think about?

That wouldn't fly: The distance-based attenuation of light sources only
affects the brightness based on the distance between the light source
and the surface. The distance between the surface and the camera isn't
affecting the brightness at all.