POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Happy New Year : Happy New Year Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Happy New Year
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 4 Jan 2018 10:12:57
Message: <5a4e4479@news.povray.org>
Hi,

About 30 years ago, the following character was born on my ATARI 1040STf

     <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1PMhdFT0FU>

I use him as an avatar, thanks to CyberStudio software from Tom Hudson.
Since this time, I used the 3D2POV utility from Bill Devonshire to
export the geometry of the PacMan to scripting language of POV-Ray. The
language from Persistence Of Vision allowed me to animate the character,
to integrate him within an environment, in order to compose a Christmas
scene. I used a model of Christmas Tree exported to POV-Ray thanks to
Eureka 2.12. I also use a green grass texture generated with Digital Lab
software from Eric Da Cunha. The ATARI font for the "2018" new year ...

Here is the 30 years old PacMan, dancing around the Christmas Tree =)

Happy New Year to you all !

--

Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/