POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reserved keyword "steps" ? : Re: Reserved keyword "steps" ? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:34:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reserved keyword "steps" ?
From: clipka
Date: 4 Dec 2017 17:46:33
Message: <5a25d049$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.12.2017 um 22:04 schrieb Kontemplator:
> While poving arround I found the word "steps" highlightet as a reserved keyword
> in my editor window. There is no entry in the reference nor in the helpfiles. It
> makes me courious. Is it a secret feature or obsolete or something in between.
> Thought, could be an usefull ini option for animations.

A curious find.

Indeed, the parser does recognize the keyword "steps" as a token
(STEPS_TOKEN), but this token is never actually tested for, i.e. it
doesn't do anything in any context.

The keyword appears to have been introduced in v3.5.0 (it was absent in
v3.1g but present in v3.5.0c) without ever having been actually used
(verified for v3.5.0c, v3.6.0, v3.6.1 and v3.8.0-alpha).