POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compile fails : Re: Compile fails Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:48:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile fails
From: Ger
Date: 30 Nov 2017 18:00:55
Message: <5a208da7$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/30/2017 03:21 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 30.11.2017 um 21:15 schrieb Ger:
>> When trying to compile the latest povray-master on the latest opensuse
>> tumbleweed I get the following
>
> As mentioned in the project's `README.md` file, we generally discourage
> building from the master branch. Please build from any of the tagged
> commits instead:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/tags
>
> The issue you've encountered should already be fixed in the latest and
> greatest of those versions (currently v3.8.0-alpha.9387404).

I've used the povray-master file before and it always worked.
tried 3.7.0.3 and it failed with the same error
3.7.0.4 works

I prefer to stay clear of anything that has "alpha" in the version and
if I read you correct the master is the very latest uploaded and it's
not guaranteed to work.
--
cheers
Ger