POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloud Surface : Re: Cloud Surface Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:06:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloud Surface
From: Alain
Date: 24 Nov 2017 21:21:06
Message: <5a18d392$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/message/%3Cweb.5a186b419a2a53c19ae32810%40

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.5a186c9e9a2a53c19ae32810%40

> Yes, I think I can use those clouds. But I need to get that surface
> following the round surface shape of a planet, is that possible?
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Yes. The onion and spherical patterns come to mind.
In your case, I think that onion with a colour_map going from high to
low would be better as you don't need to scale it as much : You can only
take the 10000th repetition
  of the pattern if you want.
Next, add some turbulence, possibly adding some other pattern(s).

Don't forget to make your media sufficiently dense.