POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Commercial project using POVRay : Re: Commercial project using POVRay Server Time
23 Apr 2024 09:38:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commercial project using POVRay
From: David Buck
Date: 23 Nov 2017 09:49:58
Message: <5a16e016$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, I've been developing a game for Android and iOS called HexSolve.
It's a puzzle game.  It's currently in the Google Play Store as an Open
Beta.  I'm working to get it ready to submit to the Apple App Store.

Although POVRay doesn't run while you're playing the game, the graphics
for the game were rendered using POVRay to draw the board and the tiles
that move across it.

The textures are pretty much out of the box of for POVRay.  Tiles range
from #1 to #9 and each number corresponds to a different texture. I
tried making the textures more interesting as you get to higher numbers.
  The board itself is created with CSG and a wood texture.  The text and
graphics on the buttons and tiles was part of the POVRay scene.  Other
text around the game was rendered directly on the device using the
Freetype library.  Once rendered, the tiles and board were incorporated
as textures for OpenGL ES and all game graphics were rendered using
OpenGL ES in a 2D mode.

I also used POVRay to render the image that appears on the store and the
icon that appears on the device.

I'm posting a screenshot of the game to povray.binary.images.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.  The game's web site is
http://www.simberon.com/HexSolve/

David Buck