POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : User:clipka assumed_gamma : Re: User:clipka assumed_gamma Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:42:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: User:clipka assumed_gamma
From: clipka
Date: 20 Nov 2017 18:12:05
Message: <5a136145$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.11.2017 um 21:30 schrieb dick balaska:
> Not an inbuilt, per se, but:
>
> The bottom of this page
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Clipka/Gamma
> says
> " Change #version to 3.7.
> Remove the assumed_gamma statement. "
>
> When I do that, povray 3.7.2-alpha (github/master) says
> " assumed_gamma not specified in this POV-Ray 3.7 or later
>  scene. Future versions of POV-Ray may consider this a fatal error. To
> avoid
>  this warning, explicitly specify 'assumed_gamma 1.0' in the
> global_settings
>  section."
>
> These statements conflict, yes?

Um... er...

... well, it /does/ work (despite the warnings), doesn't it, and
besides, the section carries a note saying "Under Construction"... I was
just about to...

... ah, dang it - you got me there.

The section was written at a time before modern gamma handling was truly
finalized. I'm a bit surprised you didn't spot more errors ;)