POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Solidifying a Mesh Object : Re: Solidifying a Mesh Object Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solidifying a Mesh Object
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 20 Aug 2017 03:50:26
Message: <59993f42$1@news.povray.org>
I think, I put the three related "Valles Marineris" areas together to
one large rectangular landscape. Quite good fitting, it seems.

If anyone wants to download the source code, here is the URL:
http://www.SvenLittkowski.name/d/MarsVallesMarineris.rar
It's very compressed but still 22 MB in size! But it might be useful, as
you don't have to place anymore all the three individual landscape
squares together. Use the "MarsVallesMarineris1_POV-scene" file to render.

I am working now on the texture, I try to use the color < 0.6235294,
0.2627451,  0.1098039 > for the surface, and < 0.5333333,  0.4196078,
0.2666667 > for the lowest areas (a pigment map). Not finish with this
one at the moment of uploading.

If you like, let's work together for the textures and atmosphere!
Interested?

Afterwards, you can build your own Martian base, or we can do it
together. Would be a nice community project, or a nice competition.

---
http://www.avg.com