POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : city buildings-- animation WIP 2 : Re: city buildings-- animation WIP 2 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:51:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings-- animation WIP 2
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 13 Aug 2017 11:08:00
Message: <59906b50$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 12.08.2017 09:00, Kenneth wrote:
> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> On 11.08.2017 20:46, Kenneth wrote:
>
>>> They look stark and other-worldly.
>>
>> Do you mean the Floyd-Steinberg or the non-dithered versions?
>
> The non-dithered versions; sorry for the confusion.
>>
>> And... otherworldly? So they best would be soundtracked with Larry
>> "Synergy" Fast's or Walter/Wendy Carlos' music (if you're familiar with it)?
>
> Yes indeed! Those original vinyl LPs-- most of which I still have-- were
> constant companions and inspirations for many years (along with those of Isao
> Tomita, a true master.)

Larry Fast must have been massively influenced by Tomita, when it comes
to sounds - I recently listened to some pieces from his adaption of "The
Planets" by Gustav Holst, and instantly felt familiar with the
"orchestral" colors he used... that sounded like Synergy, especially
like the "Cords" album from 1977! "The Planets" dates from 1976, so
there very well could have been such an influence... perhaps I should
get in touch with him once more (in 2010 we swapped some e-mail and I
showed him samples of my own synthesizer music) and ask him about it...

And Carlos' way of composing (not so much the choice of sounds) is very
similar to that of Larry Fast, I noticed it when watching "Tron"...

It's truly exhilarating to find another Synergy fan among POVers!

Although Fast's experience with scoring films seems not have been that
convincing to him (he did only one soundtrack, "The Jupiter Menace",
which according to what I read about the album, was sort of a sci-fi
B-movie), if Robert L. Forward's "Dragon's Egg" ever will be filmed, I
really would like him to do the music!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar