POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photoshop Question (needed for texture) : Re: Photoshop Question (needed for texture) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:55:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photoshop Question (needed for texture)
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 30 Jul 2017 05:49:43
Message: <597dabb7@news.povray.org>
On 29.07.2017 14:39, Kenneth wrote:
> As an experiment (in Photoshop)  you might try using *heavy* Gaussian Blur on
> the image-- so that it's completely blurred-out--then finding the color of a
> pixel somewhere near the center of the image. I don't know if this would work
> accurately, as I've never tried it.

No, these two options would not work for me.
1
Gaussian Blur, even within a marquee (selection) would still catch color
from the neighboring areas, I already tried it.
2
I need this on an image, true. But the marquees (selections) are not
square, but like a pie-piece. And all are also different from each
other. I really need a Photoshop solution. I really wished, I could use
your POV-Ray macro.
I need it for the latest version of my "Question: Bump Not Showing"
balloon texture file, inside the IMAGES group here. I am posting that
texture file as very last posting within that thread, using your name
inside the posting thread. When looking at that texture file, you will
see the dark borders within. And I need a color averaging for each field
of that texture.

---
http://www.avg.com