POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray Editors : Re: POV-Ray Editors Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:56:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Editors
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 25 Jul 2017 04:39:01
Message: <597703a5$1@news.povray.org>
On 14.07.2017 11:25, clipka wrote:
> Am 14.07.2017 um 09:53 schrieb Sven Littkowski:
>
>> the current editor for the Windows version of POV-Ray is quite good, but

>> the only major lack it has is, that it comes only with 16 predefined
>> colors for usage within the editor. And most of these colors I don't
>> like, as they simply don't work well with the color scheme my Windows 7
>> is using.
>
> POV-Ray for Windows has multiple major lacks, but I wouldn't consider
> this one of them. There are more serious problems.
>
>> Can't the developers add support for True Color to the editor? That
>> would be nice.
>>
>> Or are there any other scene editors that can be integrated into the
>> Windows version of POV-Ray and allow a syntax with True Colors?
>
> To the best of my knowledge, the editor colour picker is an integral
> part of CodeMax, which is a poor fit for the POV-Ray project, if only
> due to the licensing issues, so presumably we won't invest any
> noteworthy amount of work into it.
>
> CodeMax is the only editor component the Windows GUI is designed to work
> with, and the Windows GUI itself is horribly outdated in itself, so
> presumably we won't invest a lot of work into that one either.
>
> If we find the time to do any serious GUI development work, the plan is
> to build a new one from scratch, using a portable GUI framework as the
> basis (Qt comes to mind).

I don't complain about any other faults of the editor, I rather like it.
A few ideas, however, i have suggested many months or over a year ago.

But the improvement about customization (colors), I would really be
happy to see that. As i said before: based on my Windows 7 color scheme,
those few colors of the editor just don't look good or have too low
contrast towards the Windows environment. I really beg for a color picker.

---
http://www.avg.com