POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : smooth gradient color_map : Re: smooth gradient color_map Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth gradient color_map
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Jul 2017 03:42:42
Message: <5976f672$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-7-2017 13:15, Jim Holsenback wrote:

> i just updated (developer suggested) both syntax diagrams again ... if
> you could help me out by replying here with relevant portions and i'll
> follow up in the morning.

I /think/ it is quite clear now what is intended and what blend_mode
does to the color_map entries. I find it a difficult matter altogether
though. Like always, I need a simple example to play with in order to
show me the differences. I have not yet done that with Christoph's
examples but will do so presently....

After playing a bit with that, I think I understand the theory but less
the (practical) use of blend_mode :-/

--
Thomas