POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray Editors : Re: POV-Ray Editors Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:03:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Editors
From: clipka
Date: 14 Jul 2017 11:25:51
Message: <5968e27f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 14.07.2017 um 09:53 schrieb Sven Littkowski:

> the current editor for the Windows version of POV-Ray is quite good, but
> the only major lack it has is, that it comes only with 16 predefined
> colors for usage within the editor. And most of these colors I don't
> like, as they simply don't work well with the color scheme my Windows 7
> is using.

POV-Ray for Windows has multiple major lacks, but I wouldn't consider
this one of them. There are more serious problems.

> Can't the developers add support for True Color to the editor? That
> would be nice.
>
> Or are there any other scene editors that can be integrated into the
> Windows version of POV-Ray and allow a syntax with True Colors?

To the best of my knowledge, the editor colour picker is an integral
part of CodeMax, which is a poor fit for the POV-Ray project, if only
due to the licensing issues, so presumably we won't invest any
noteworthy amount of work into it.

CodeMax is the only editor component the Windows GUI is designed to work
with, and the Windows GUI itself is horribly outdated in itself, so
presumably we won't invest a lot of work into that one either.

If we find the time to do any serious GUI development work, the plan is
to build a new one from scratch, using a portable GUI framework as the
basis (Qt comes to mind).