POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to uninstall? : Re: How to uninstall? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:03:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to uninstall?
From: clipka
Date: 28 Jun 2017 12:28:10
Message: <5953d91a@news.povray.org>

http://windowsitpro.com/systems-management/q-how-do-i-add-item-start-menu-all-users-windows-7-and-windows-vista

>>> My system has 94 items in the latter folder.
>>
>> Start Menu is a different matter.
>>

> Why is it a different matter? It is part of the installation process, too.

What I mean is, technically it is entirely different from the issue of
installing user-modifiable files.

The start menu is just a bunch of shortcuts, and there /is/ a mechanism
to install such shortcuts for all users (both existing and future).

There is no such thing for actual files a user might tamper with. (And
there can't be, because the start menu mechanism relies on those
shortcuts being static.)

But it doesn't make much sense to offer an "install for all users"
option if that only installs start menu shortcuts without a mechanism to
distribute the actual user-modifiable files to all users, as such an
option would be seriously misleading.