POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7.1 Release Candidate 1 ready for testing : Re: POV-Ray 3.7.1 Release Candidate 1 ready for testing Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:53:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7.1 Release Candidate 1 ready for testing
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 25 Jun 2017 10:42:09
Message: <594fcbc1@news.povray.org>
On 2017-06-25 05:24 AM (-4), clipka wrote:
> Am 25.06.2017 um 06:31 schrieb Cousin Ricky:
>
>> I am an active Object Collection contributor, and I test my modules
>> across different POV-Ray versions.  Some differences between v3.7.0 and
>> v3.7.1 are significant enough that I wish to keep v3.7.0 around.
>
> BTW, what differences are we talking about there?

I have a module in the works that tests for inverse square light
attenuation.

There is also the elimination of the torus spindle artifact, although I
already had a workaround for that and haven't decided whether it's worth
the version sniffing just to take advantage of this feature.

But in general, many of the bug fixes and numerous enhancements to v3.7
have the /potential/ for requiring testing or version sniffing.  This is
quite different from the upgrades to v3.6.  I do not even remember what
the difference was between v3.6.0 and v3.6.1, and of course v3.6.2 was a
Windows-specific change that had no bearing on renders.