POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to uninstall? : Re: How to uninstall? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:53:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to uninstall?
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 23 Jun 2017 16:51:37
Message: <594d7f59$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/23/2017 4:43 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 6/23/2017 3:11 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 23.06.2017 um 20:28 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>>> I have POV-Ray 3.7 and 3.7 beta installed. How do I uninstall them? They
>>> do not appear in the 'Programs and Features' list. I also ran the
>>> uninstallers in the program directories, but the files remain.
>>>
>>> Windows 7 x64 Pro
>>
>> Sounds like the uninstallers have already run, but unsuccessfully so
>> (for unknown reasons). Otherwise, you should find the application listed
>> as "POV-Ray for Windows ..."
>>
>> If that is the case, try installing again, then uninstalling.
>>

> I logged into my administrator account and the programs showed up in the
> list there. I've never encountered this behavior before, where a program
> doesn't appear in "Programs and Features" unless you are logged in as
> admin.
>
> Mike

Next, I tried installing RC1 using my non-admin account, but the
installation failed when trying to write to "C:\Program
Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\agpl-3.0.txt". After switching to my admin account,
the installation completed successfully, but did not copy the Start Menu
items and assorted include files to my non-admin accounts. Is there no
way to install POV-Ray for all users?

Mike