POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : green gas cloud on checkered plane : Re: green gas cloud on checkered plane Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: green gas cloud on checkered plane
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Jun 2017 17:08:35
Message: <593f02d3$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/12/2017 9:41 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> Also difference the buildings from the media container.
>>

> I actually forgot to do that. :-/ (Although, the buildings' underlying gray
> texture and the window image_maps are all opague, so I may not need to go that
> route...unless I decide to add some interior structures to the buildings, for
> realism.) "Success lies in the details." ;-)

That is true. I remember years ago when I was using billboards. I put
planks behind them to hold them up. :)

I mentioned it because at one point I could see the cloud passing
through one of the buildings. But thinking about it that wouldn't help.
You would need a particle system to get the cloud to move around it.

The cloud reminds me of gas burning. Years ago before the UK oil and gas
platforms exported the hydrocarbon gas to shore. It was flared off.
I've spent hours looking at it, almost hypnotic. Especially at night.

--

Regards
     Stephen