POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something? : Re: 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:02:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7xx: max_extent (re: image resolution) is missing something?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 9 Jun 2017 08:16:06
Message: <593a9186$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2017 1:26 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> (running 3.7.1 beta 8)
> In the in-built documentation "3.3.1.6.5 Functions"...
>
> In the section "min_extent/max_extent', concerning the new 3.7xx feature of
> reading the pixel resolution of an image, the example given there seems to be
> missing something. Part of it is written like this...

> #declare Resolution = max_extent ( MatteImage );
> #declare MatteNormalizationScale =
> ;

you are correct ... however look at
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Vector_Expressions#Functions
and the example is complete. Scroll down a bit further there is another
example just after the "New" annotation regarding Df3NormalizationScale
... they didn't make it into the docs most likely due to a foo somewhere
with regex pattern matching in WikiDocGen. I'll have a look