POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Result. 59 percent works. : Re: Result. 59 percent works. Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:34:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Result. 59 percent works.
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 31 May 2017 01:54:39
Message: <592e5a9f$1@news.povray.org>
Le 31/05/2017 à 00:39, p a écrit :
> I tried to download everything from the thumbnail view at
> http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php. I count 91 files offered for
> download. Some zip files I could not download. I downloaded 89 .zip files. 54
> ..zip files have 80 .pov files that compile correctly into 80 .png files. The
> other 35 .zip files have 68 .pov files that would not compile. In povray.org,
> the same file is listed several times, but with diffrent names. Case in some
> filenames do not match case in the .pov script. I renamed some files, but I did
> not try to fix them all. My result is posted at
> http://pdscript.com/p/debian/povorg8/povorg8.htm. I used povray version
> 1:3.7.0.0-8, which is in debian 8.5.

The object collection is painfully case-blind: some contributions were
made from Windows at a time where the local filesystem was transforming
filename to a single case (either all lower or all uppercase, IIRC DOS
was all uppercase).

It take a bit of debugging when using on a filesystem which honors the
case of filename.

You can now find everything from the collections (and more: 3dclouds was
added there) in github:

https://github.com/LeForgeron/PovContributions