POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rotating Earth with day & night : Re: Rotating Earth with day & night Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:01:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating Earth with day & night
From: Stephen
Date: 18 May 2017 03:10:44
Message: <591d48f4$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/18/2017 7:09 AM, Stephen wrote:
> It is the image map. I recognised it when I stepped through the frames.

That is sad. That I recognised a particular image map shows my
dedication. I started animating the Earth around 2008 and keep returning
to it.
Using the slope map to blend the day and night maps is something I did
not think of doing. I used CSG and layered spheres. It made for
complicated mechanics. But that was the fun. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen