POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : tteoac 2017-04-25 : Re: My comments on the video - read after viewing Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My comments on the video - read after viewing
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Apr 2017 05:37:54
Message: <59006a72$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/25/2017 9:54 PM, dick balaska wrote:

>> The kid has escaped!
>> http://www.buckosoft.com/tteoac/
>
> *
> * My comments on the video - read after viewing
> *
>
> I'm going to make another pass at the mushroom explosion. Minimally the
> spheres should rotate when expanding.  I also want to extend where the
> kid is laying down watching the shroom fly by, before passing out.
>
> I don't like the "matrix" effect where the explosion pauses and the
> camera swirls around it. Maybe the delay before and after the camera
> swirls are hurting the effect.

I like it but with your comment. I was thinking that if you put a
coloured filter (sepia?) in front of the camera for that bit. It might
enhance the feeling of surreality.

> I like that the girl is vacuuming on the TV while the mush damage is
> erased.  It's a cool effect, but goes by too quickly and is not the
> focus of the scene while it's happening.

I think you have got it right with the timing. Remember, always leave
them wanting more. :)

I can see this becoming a PovRay classic. :)
At the end you the video you mentioned putting water in the fish tank.
This made me think of Tim Kikas's LSSM macros. With them you can
generate a water surface that interacts with the environment. Air
bubbles would create waves that reflect from the sides of the tank.
http://www.nolights.de/downloads.html#lssm

Last comment about the downloaded video. From 10 to 16 minutes the
screen is blank the music continues.

--

Regards
     Stephen