POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : tteoac 2017-04-25 : My comments on the video - read after viewing Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  My comments on the video - read after viewing
From: dick balaska
Date: 25 Apr 2017 16:54:21
Message: <58ffb77d$1@news.povray.org>

*
* My comments on the video - read after viewing
*

I'm going to make another pass at the mushroom explosion. Minimally the
spheres should rotate when expanding.  I also want to extend where the
kid is laying down watching the shroom fly by, before passing out.

I don't like the "matrix" effect where the explosion pauses and the
camera swirls around it. Maybe the delay before and after the camera
swirls are hurting the effect.

I like that the girl is vacuuming on the TV while the mush damage is
erased.  It's a cool effect, but goes by too quickly and is not the
focus of the scene while it's happening.

One feature of the video, while in the haus, looking out the front of
the haus, we are in the room with the train tracks with the haus scaled
1/23 and rotated in the room. When looking out the back of the haus, it
is just the haus on a checkered plane, scaled 1/1 at the origin.  The
scene with the mush damage takes 10 minutes to render looking up at the
ceiling [1]. When I put the haus back in the room, I quit trying after
no frames rendered in 6 hours. There must be something in in-haus
lighting that just kills it.  So after the TV, the front of the haus
looks out at the field.  I don't like it, but, ugh.  I'm still debating
if it's a bug or artistic license.

[1] looking out the bay window through the mush damage: win/i7 = 55
minutes, linux/i5 = 3h, linux/celeron = 13h!
--
dik