POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : tteoac update : Re: tteoac update Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:44:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tteoac update
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 5 Apr 2017 05:06:17
Message: <58e4b389$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 03.04.2017 01:20, dick balaska wrote:
> Am 2017-04-02 06:16, also sprach Kenneth:
>> That animation must have taken a *LOT* of coding!!
>
> 60,000 lines of direct pov sdl.
> http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/tteoac/files.html
>
> 12,000 lines of tomcat java that emits the mushroom, reefer, volcano and
> TV frames.
> http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/tteoacservice/files.html
>
> 69,000 lines of c++ renderfarm controllers.
> http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/bsac/files.html
>
> 6,000 lines of tomcat java for the bsac meta server (helps bsac clients
> and servers find each other)
> http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/metabsac/files.html
>
> 800 lines of bash scripts to slough all of the generated .pngs around
> and call ffmpeg. ;)
>
>> Congrats on the gargantuan
>> effort. I like your fireplace fire; it 'pops and crackles.'
>
> Thanks!
>

>> Even though the video is 16 minutes long, the animation fades out at the
>> 10-minute mark :-(
>>
> Oh, you're being generous with the 10 minutes. Everything after 7:21 is
> throw away frames.  In 2003, it faded out after 5 minutes, so ... progress.

Yes, we povers are just people... just single people, not global
mega-corporations like Disney who churn out feature-length animation
movies on a yearly basis... and none of us may live long enough to
produce such a work on his/her own! Sometimes I wish I was the entire
Internet, filled with determination to create Khyberspace...

Nevertheless, see you there!

Yadgar