POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : overlapping independent media containers objects : Re: overlapping independent media containers objects Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: overlapping independent media containers objects
From: Alain
Date: 1 Apr 2017 12:38:54
Message: <58dfd79e@news.povray.org>

> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>>> Am 31.03.2017 um 20:45 schrieb Kenneth:
>>

>>> You don't ;)
>>> POV-Ray does "add" media together wherever media containers overlap.
>>>
>> Oops!  Thanks ;-) I need to go back over all of my older media-container
>> experiments, to refresh my poor memory. It was all so *clear* to me back then...
>
> Thanks all,
>
> I will play with intervals.
> However it will probably cost me quite a lot in CPU.
> So i will try first to play with the luminosity / extinction of the different
> media and try to make them comparable in this respect to minimise the effect.

DON'T play with intervals, unless you want your render time to skyrocket !

Use sampling method 3, NEVER EVER touch intervals, play with samples.
intervals 10 samples 1,1
is MUCH alower than
samples 100

Your containers can overlap visually, but you need to ensure that there
is some gap between them.
The other option would bbe to use a single container for all of your medias.