POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Log file wrap : Re: Log file wrap Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Log file wrap
From: dick balaska
Date: 21 Mar 2017 02:46:47
Message: <58d0cc57$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-03-20 16:32, also sprach Mike Horvath:
> Currently the debug log file wraps at 80 characters. Would it be
> possible to make it so that it doesn't wrap? I'm trying to print some
> tabular data, and this behavior is messing things up.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Mike

Hear! Hear! :)

I asked about this a year ago. I do the same, I output java source which
I copy/paste into my tomcat servlet.

I thought fixing it would be a good toe dipping into the povray source
(and the attendant github control).  Oy vey!  What a bizarre thing.  80
is hardcoded into the constructor of objects (not even, say, LINE_WIDTH)
and it seemed difficult to fix it the right way. I opted to just fix my
debug output instead to be less than 80 characters. :) :(

--
dik