POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animating wood : Re: animating wood Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:45:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animating wood
From: dick balaska
Date: 9 Mar 2017 14:18:17
Message: <58c1aa79$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-03-09 02:59, also sprach Thomas de Groot:

> Isn't that because of all those rand()? In an animation I would not be
> surprised if this happened. The trick would be to keep the texture
> declaration outside of the video loop I guess.

No, those are so each board is different. You know,
loop {
   box {
     0,1
     texture {
       wood
       translate <rand,rand,rand>
     }
   }
}
The TV unit has no rands, and it "sparkles" as the camera moves past it.
This tile floor is built similarly with T_Stone8 and lots of rands
http://www.buckosoft.com/tteoac/video/frames/ttho0109.png
and it doesn't suffer the same "random" fate.

--
dik