POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : File types : Re: File types Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:09:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File types
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 8 Mar 2017 12:35:32
Message: <58c040e4$1@news.povray.org>
Le 08/03/2017 à 14:02, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> I would like to upload some stuff I've been working on to the Object
> Collection, but the files include stuff like GeoGebra (.ggb, .ggt), TeX
> (.tex), Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg) and other files. I'm kind of at
> a loss as to what to do.
>
> Mike

I'm afraid you are limited to the following file type: (as stated on the
contribution page)
BMP, CSS, CSV, GIF, HTM, HTML, INC, INI, JPEG, JPG, JS, MAC, MCR, MDL,
PGM, PNG, POV, PPM, TGA, TIF, TIFF, TXT

(once connected:
http://lib.povray.org/contributeobject/
)

svg is text, unless you use the compressed format, so that could be a
way (with some text to explain)

.TeX , IIRC, is also text.

But for the other files, It seems to be a no go.

As a side note, the object collection is really a collection of povray
usable objects (scene, macro, utility), not an universal library for
graphical discussion.
(even if MDL is tied to moray.

Maybe it could be easier to use your personal page on the povray-wiki
(hint: make a subpage, it can grow fast on a single page)

The rules there are different. ( http://wiki.povray.org/content/Main_Page )