POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Mike Horvath] - recommended book : Re: [Mike Horvath] - recommended book Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:07:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Mike Horvath] - recommended book
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 7 Mar 2017 03:18:46
Message: <58be6ce6$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/22/2017 8:12 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> I was perusing my growing collection of Books I Don't Have Time To Read, and
> found the beginning of this very interesting, and given your very nice work on
> visualizing color spaces, thought you might find it of interest as well.
>
> Looks like there's lots of chapters of interest to the Community At Large as
> well.
>

> Offered by the author free of charge.
>
> http://www.realtimerendering.com/Principles_of_Digital_Image_Synthesis_v1.0.1.pdf
>

> Happy reading!

Wow, that book is pretty extensive! Thanks! I have saved it to my
computer and am skimming through it.

Unfortunately, while I enjoyed math formulas as a youth, I no longer
have a "head" for it. I would have not been able to create my last
illustrations for Wikipedia without cheating by having clipka do the
hard parts for me.

IIRC, I still want to plot the chromaticity diagram in XYZ space, for
multiple white points. Clipka did this in fact, and rendered several
movies. But I have given up since I wouldn't even know how to plug the
equations into my scene if clipka gave them to me.

Thanks again! I will continue to skim through it over the next several days.

Mike