POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : attractor.pov : Re: attractor.pov Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:02:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: attractor.pov
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Feb 2017 10:05:16
Message: <58949c2c$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/03/2017 05:17 AM, ThH wrote:
> Rendering some old files I had an error with attractor.pov (source
> p.t.s-f, 20.08.2008, 'Attractor include and demo', Author: Rob)
>
> During render time povray threw an error:
> Speicherzugriffsfehler
>
> Any takers?
>
> povray --version
>
> POV-Ray 3.7.1-beta.2.unofficial
>
> This is an unofficial version compiled by:
>  ThH <no.spam@address>
>  The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.
>
> Copyright 1991-2017 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.
>
> Built-in features:
>   I/O restrictions:          enabled
>   X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
>   Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff openexr
>   Unsupported image formats: -
>
> Compilation settings:
>   Build architecture:  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>   Built/Optimized for: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
>   Compiler vendor:     gnu
>   Compiler version:    g++ 4.9.2
>   Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings
> -fno-enforce-eh-specs -Wno-non-template-friend -s -O3 -ffast-math
> -march=native -pthread

On Ubuntu 16.04 (Boost 1.58) tracked the seg fault to commit: 756cba6
Sun Jan 31 00:32:25 2016 +0100

"Added support for increased thread stack sizes when boost 1.50 or later
is used."

Was about to try bumping up the requested thread stack sizes some.

Wondering some about the change on linux where I think the commit  above
means we moved from whatever was being set with the 'official' boost
package to something hard coded in povray. At least if I'm following the
change and understanding the windows vs linux boost set up correctly?

Bill P.