POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parsing colors : parsing colors Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:39:49 EDT (-0400)
  parsing colors
From: dick balaska
Date: 23 Jan 2017 03:05:11
Message: <5885b937$1@news.povray.org>
My povclipse2 parser is mature enough to throw someone else's code at
it, and I chose BorderChars. [1]

He uses a construct
color <1,1,1>
which, while it works, doesn't seem particularly legal according to the
spec:
http://www.povray.org/documentation/3.7.0/r3_3.html#r3_3_1_7_3

It should be
color rgb <1,1,1>

Should I flag this as an error? as a warning? or silently digest it as
pov does?

[1] He also gave me
#declare foo /*;*/ = 1;
which made me realize I had to abandon the eclipse builtin scanners
(give me the text from '#declare' to ';')
because there is no chance to treat comments as whitespace.
--
dik