POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 : Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2
From: clipka
Date: 11 Jan 2017 10:44:06
Message: <587652c6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.01.2017 um 06:59 schrieb clipka:

> The beta version is designed to install in its own dedicated directory,
> and live happily alongside an existing 3.7 installation.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this applies only to the pre-built
binaries for Windows.

Users of Unixoid operating systems will need to specify corresponding
parameters to the ./configure script if they want to install the beta in
a separate directory; also, even then the beta may still share some
files and directories with the official version.