POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Animation docs inaccurate : Re: Animation docs inaccurate Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:08:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation docs inaccurate
From: clipka
Date: 20 Dec 2016 23:22:52
Message: <585a039c@news.povray.org>
Am 20.12.2016 um 23:01 schrieb Thorsten Froehlich:
>> I've just noticed that the documentation of the animation settings is
>> not entirely in line with the actual implementation.
>>
>> The docs claim:
>> Any Final_Frame setting other than -1 will trigger POV-Ray's internal
>> animation loop.
>>
>> According to the code however, animation seems to be activated whenever
>> the initial and final frames are neither both equal to 0 nor both equal
>> to 1.
>>

>> This discrepancy raises the question which one is correct: The code or
>> the documentation?
>
> I don't recall how the old code worked, but there was some inconsistency or bug
> that triggered a change so the animation would only run if there was more than
> one frame. I don't think the docs were ever updated.

Apparently that's not how it was changed: If for instance you specify
`+kfi2 +kff2`, POV-Ray still enters into animation mode (and screws up
the clock; well, until a workaround I just checked in).

Do you know of any possible reason for entering animation when both
initial and final frames are equal but neither 0 nor 1?