POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : POV specific Blender workspace : Re: POV specific Blender workspace Server Time
16 Apr 2024 17:03:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV specific Blender workspace
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Dec 2016 10:52:01
Message: <58555f21@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/2016 2:42 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Since it was suggested in the POV-Ray Google Trends discussion thread by several
>> persons, and even though it doesn't feel right, I post the default Blender file
>> for POV-Ray users who want to learn Blender in this section (hoping we will one
>> day have a Blender section or that this one will include the software name in
>> its title along Moray)
>>
>> This file has been requested in the above discussion. You can make it the
>> default file right after opening it by pressing CTRL+U and saving the defaults.
>>
>> It is oriented to texture writing with a big text file open so that you don't
>> feel lost when coming from POV background without the habit of a GUI.
>>
>> The 3D view can be rotated with middle mouse, and returned to Camera by Numpad 0
>> The render is launched with F12.
>> Any shortcut will act depending on the window currently under the mouse.
>>
>> Try to change the text and hit F12 to see if this UI layout is ok for you to
>> develop textures. Otherwise, please, report back any change you would want to
>> see so you can start learning Blender with our help.
>> A copy of the file is also temporarily hosted here for 5 months :
>> http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=44655
>>

>> Thanks for your attention and enjoy!
>
> In vain we tried to.

Deep thoughts LanuHum (I don't understand what you mean).
I am using the file as default and I like the layout.

One* question. Previously I changed the Blender materials in Povray I am
not familiar with Blender materials and textures.

Does the PovRay material file require a specific name?
Can you have multiple PovRay material files in Blender?
Did you write a module to use nodes similar to Cycles? I liked the idea
of nodes as it seems more user friendly. If you did not, please don't
rush off and do it. It is only a question.

* Never was good at counting. :)
--

Regards
     Stephen