POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Unix debugging expertise needed : Re: Unix debugging expertise needed Server Time
16 Apr 2024 05:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unix debugging expertise needed
From: clipka
Date: 13 Dec 2016 01:58:08
Message: <584f9c00@news.povray.org>
Am 13.12.2016 um 07:33 schrieb jhu:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> can someone with access to Ubuntu _12.04_ please have a look at this
>> POV-Ray branch (a pending pull request), see if the binaries crap out on
>> their machine as well (complaining about "pure virtual method called"
>> and some stuff about pthread, boost and mutex), and if so, figure out why:
>>
>> https://github.com/eblanca/povray
>>
>> Your help would be much appreciated.
>
> No access to Ubuntu 12.04, but it does run just fine on Debian/testing and
> FreeBSD.

That's of little help to me. I already know that this thing runs fine on
/some/ systems.

I need someone to get this baby to cry in a controlled environment, to
figure out why it does so in our Travis CI automated build test
environemnt, and ideally find a way to soothe it there.

It might just be afraid of the dark (read: having no terminal
associated, or some such), but at the moment that's just a wild guess.