POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Log ini opt. : Re: Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Log iniopt. Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:47:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Document -CC/+CC command line and Create_Continue_Trace_Log iniopt.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 Dec 2016 08:41:12
Message: <584962f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/07/2016 07:38 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 12/6/2016 6:43 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
>
> like what? might as well see if i can address those while i'm over there
> anyways

OK. Might be some thinking aloud on my part. Take a look at my comment to :

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/167

and specifically within that comment the block with the leader:

"Documentation indicates:"

The list starts off with a set of 4 features our documentation has as
available which are not in 3.7. I think the documentation should
probably indicate these as Deprecated for the time being.

The two undocumented features near the bottom of the block should
probably be restored to the documentation and also listed as Deprecated.
Our code allows them to exist - and they no doubt do - in old ini files.

I don't know what to do with Antialias_Gamma_type as it didn't look to
me like end users have ever seen it documented in any fashion, but
others might know differently. I'd say leave it completely out of the
documentation pending any other information.

Just below the block, in parens, I wonder about the text we have in the
documentation about the very old and long gone Buffer_output and
Buffer_Size options. Thinking it should just be deleted - yep, I missed
documenting where I saw that text...

I've used the term "Deprecated" to be consistent with other
documentation, but I believe all options marked this way are "Deprecated
and Non-functional." Perhaps we should better indicate this.

There are further questions about how our code is handling many of these
non-functioning option - you'll see I rolled a flyspray issue I think
you opened into this github issue - but I don't think this is the
newsgroup / issue in which to work those out.

I think a good first step with github #167 is to do some documentation
updates to reflect the status today.

Bill P.