POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stopping a render : Re: Stopping a render Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:02:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stopping a render
From: clipka
Date: 4 Dec 2016 01:38:31
Message: <5843b9e7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.12.2016 um 05:35 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I started rendering a 16 frame animation. I am at frame #8, and want to
> stop when this one is done. How do I tell POV-Ray to stop after the
> current frame and not continue? I don't want to start the sequence over
> again.

Hm... I guess that would be a feature waiting to be implemented.

Are we talking about Unix or Windows?

IIRC the Windows version already pops up a warning when stopping a long
render; maybe we could extend that window to offer three choices: Stop
now, stop as soon as the current frame has finished, or simply continue.
Of course that additional choice would have to be backed by new internal
logic, but I don't think it should be too difficult.

As for the Unix version, I'm not familiar enough with it to say how such
a functionality could be offered to the user.