POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta version waking my computer from sleep : Re: Beta version waking my computer from sleep Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:54:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta version waking my computer from sleep
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 2 Dec 2016 16:13:51
Message: <5841e40f$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/2/2016 2:35 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 02.12.2016 um 18:45 schrieb Mike Horvath:

>>> I just unchecked it and will try again in a few minutes.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> The problem persists even with the setting unchecked. I had to close the
>> application completely.
>
> - What exactly is the "sleep" mode that's being interrupted?
> - What are your power management settings?

Windows 7. "Sleep" button in Start menu. "High Performance" power plan.
Computer is not set up to turn off automatically. Only manually.

http://imgur.com/fKaDedQ

> Also, can you please check whether the issue is also present with 3.7.0
> stable?

It only started happening after I installed the beta last month. Before
that I was using 3.7.0 for several months or years.

One thing to note: I had an older beta installed for a couple of hours
before I realized I wanted the newer beta. Can't remember what version
that was.

Mike