POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : CIELCH sphere : Re: CIELCH sphere Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CIELCH sphere
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 2 Dec 2016 03:59:21
Message: <584137e9@news.povray.org>
On 11/30/2016 3:36 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I've attached a short movie and the scene file. Compare to this for a
> general idea of what I'm trying to do:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HSLSphere.svg
>
> Things I am unsure about:
>
> 1. The blue part is the largest. Shouldn't the green part be biggest
>    since because are eyes are more sensitive to greens?
> 2. The blue part sticks out of the sphere a tiny bit. Is the following
>    formula appropriate?
>
>     #declare fC = function(x,y,z) {sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)*128}
>
>    Isn't the hypotenuse longer than x, y or z by themselves? I mean, if
>    X, y or z is no more than 1, shouldn't the radius also be no more
>    than 1?
> 3. The isosurface is awfully flat at the bottom. This makes me
>    suspicious.
>
> Mike

Okay, the flatness was an error on my part. I forgot to change the
dimensions of the contained_by clause of the isosurface. This caused the
entire underside of the isosurface to get clipped.

The shape is not as interesting as I had hoped.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cielch_color_solid_sphere_isosurface_backup_03.png' (92 KB) Download 'cielch_color_solid_sphere_isosurface.pov.txt' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'cielch_color_solid_sphere_isosurface_backup_03.png'
cielch_color_solid_sphere_isosurface_backup_03.png