POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : dictionary container types : Re: dictionary container types Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:43:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dictionary container types
From: clipka
Date: 24 Nov 2016 10:01:33
Message: <583700cd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.11.2016 um 15:07 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> On 11/23/2016 12:17 PM, clipka wrote:
>> I think I got you confused
>
> lol ... ok enough with the back-and-forth already ;-)
>
> not sure why i kept wanting to treat as two different subjects ...
> hopefully i've cleared things up:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference_Talk:Array and we can stick a
> fork in this one!

Almost there.

"Additional points to consider are as follows:"

- Please add a note that this is new in 3.7.1. ;)

- I'd remove the "will" from "1. Array elements will no longer...".

- I'd collapse 1.a and 1.b into a single paragraph.

- I'd collapse 3.b and 3.c into a single paragraph.

- I'm noticing only just now that points 4. and 5. apply only to
dictionaries. I think something should be done to make this clearer.

- I'm noticing only just now that 6. is a duplicate of 4.

- I'd add a few end-of-sentence markers (aka full stops) to the items. ;)

- I'd personally prefer a bullet list, as there's no hierarchy among the
items.

Also, I'd move anything related to dictionary initializers to the "Array
Initializers" section, possibly with a line of text or two.